Welcome to ComputationalCAD!
ComputationalCAD is the computational geometry add-on for AutoCAD. It provides more than 30 high-level methods and productivity tools to work on point, line and 3dface primitives. Main features of this top-performing and robust AutoCAD add-on are:
- Digital terrain modeling. Triangulate millions of points and edge constraints, arbitrary shaped bounds, holes and islands. Project entities, compute contours, colorize and slice surfaces consisting of 3dfaces. Use the polyline tool to compute developments or to simplify 3d polylines.
- Meshes and solids. Convert any surface consisting of 3dfaces into a mesh or an extruded solid to enable Boolean operations or to apply textures on the entire surface.
- Surface reconstruction. Reconstruct surfaces from arbitrary unordered triangular or quadrilateral wireframe data.
- Hulls. Compute 2d and 3d convex hulls and minimum enclosing rectangles and circles of millions of points. Compute the minimum container size of arbitrary shaped 3d solids.
- Import / export. The ComputationalCAD for AutoCAD add-on supports several formats to import and export point line, polyline and 3dface entities with color and layer data, including Microsoft EXCEL® and stereolithography STL.
ComputationalCAD for AutoCAD is an official Autodesk partner product.
Learn more about the product details here.